I’m all about local success stories so when I found out The Jank Gourmet BBQ Sauce can now be found in 169 H.E.B. stores throughout Texas, I had to go out and get some. If you haven’t heard the story about Valley-resident Lamar Jones and his famous Jank Sauce, you can read it here.
I like to keep things simple, especially when it comes to food, so here’s my quick and easy recipe for Baked Spicy Jank BBQ Wings.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Season the wings with salt and pepper
- Set the wings in a single layer on a baking pan
- Bake the chicken wings for 45 minutes, turning once
- Remove the wings from the oven and drain the fat
- Brush the wings with Original or Spicy Jank Gourmet BBQ Sauce and bake for 10 minutes
- Turn the wings over and brush the other side with more bbq sauce and bake for another 10 minutes
Lamar Jones’ success story makes The Jank sauce taste that much sweeter, so next time you’re in the bbq aisle at H.E.B. look for the gourmet sauce and try it on your favorite barbecue dish.